Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Well, the rocket launch at VAST was canceled for this weekend. Couple that with the cancellation from Battle Field Park and I'm a pretty depressed rocket dude. The cancelations, due to a fire ban will give me a chance to continue working on repairing my rockets without breaking more.

Here is the current status of my repairs.

Miss Sweden, suffered a nose dive into the ground because stupid me forgot the ejection charge. The rocket is painted, but I may have to resand it in certain parts because I didn't like how it turned out. I will have to run to Hobby Town to pick up some more mylar tape for the striping. I still need to add a shock cord. I think I will finish this by next week's launch.



Norad Pro Max. Suffered a separation at apogee and a cracked fin. She's been painted and the shock card has been reattached. I want to add a little more epoxy to the shock cord and she will then be flight ready.

Black Flag. A new rocket that was supposed to be ready for the last launch, but she was all set to fly when I noticed structural issues that would have been fatal for the rocket. A new electronics bay is being fitted into the payload section. I will then will have to attach the start switch onto the bay, drill and fit removable rivets. She has been painted but because of all the rework, there will have to be a lot of touching up. This rocket is priority and I will have her ready to go by the next launch.

Jalapeno. A nose weight came loose during the last flight. I have reattached the nose weight using liquid foam and it appears to be real solid. She is now flight ready.

No comments: