Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Blessings

I don't think we ever fully appreciate how blessed we are with this gift of life. I had a moment last week where it hit me, that I am truly blessed.

My wife and I had been picking up after a party we had at our house. Once everything was cleaned, we went outside to the front porch. The rain was at a drizzle and we pulled the hanging baskets so that they can get some water too. The lawn had been freshly mowed, the house was clean, the chores were done, mud from the new truck was being washed off. It was nice being on the front porch with my wife even if it was only for a few moments. The smell in the air that you can only get after a fresh rainfall, it was nice. I am blessed, not with riches or fame, but only with the things I need and then some.

No comments: