Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The rocket coffin.
This weekend, I've been working on a project that I've been thinking about for quite a while. Everytime I go to a rocket launch, I end up stuffing all the rockets behind the seat of my truck. Sometimes with all the shifting around, something gets broke or gets a nasty scratch. Sooo, since I had yesterday off, I darted off to Home Depot after my morning breakfast of raison bran and picked up some lumber and plywood. I started building a box with a rack inside for rockets. On the end is a door so that I can just slide a rocket inside it onto a rack made from a knarly garden hose I've haven't thrown out yet. I've got most of it done, but I had to make another trip to Home Depot to pick up a new drill. This time I got one that has a cord instead of one of those 'worthless after 10 minutes of use' cordless types.
Like I said, I have most of it done. I still need another sheet of plywood for the last side. I underestimated how much I would need. I also picked up some tiny wheels and they are now screwed to the bottom. So now all i have to do is roll it around. When its time to launch, I just heave it up into the back of the truck and go. I will also put on some handles to make the lifting easier. Maybe later I could post a picture of it.

No comments: